Facebook Addiction

Everybody knows that when you sign up to get a facebook you're basically signing up for a contract to be addicting to something that will control your life. I don't have a twitter but people seem to say the same thing about that too.


Whenever I come home from school (after writing a blog post of course) I hop onto facebook while I'm doing my homework. i'll look around at people's status' and play some games, then I will look down at my homework to see a blank peice of paper after 15 minutes of "doing homework" it never really bothered me that my homework to longer because I was on facebook, but today (well actually yesterday but I'm writing about it today) I wen't to the Apple Store.


No, not a fruit store.


I went to the Apple Inc., store.


You know, the one that sells Mac computer and iPods and iPhones and stuff.


So anyways, I walk in to look around and try to buy a new iphone cover, mine ripped.
I start to browse while the worker goes into the back to see if they have the cover want in the back. I look over my shoulder to see 2 girls, maybe 10 years old. They were making videos on facebook?!?!? Yeah? 10 year old girls on facebook? I got mine when I was 14 first of all, and I bet their parents didn't even know. They must have been in 5th grade?! They were doing those famous "Dancing in the Apple Store" videos. Don't know what I'm talking about? Go onto youtube and type in : Apple store dancing. You will definitely find something.


It kinda hit me that the younger generation (not saying that people only 4 years younger than me are "younger generation" but....) are really advanced and ... I don't know how to describe it.


It's like, I bet that those two girls had boyfriends... at 10 and they were like probably showing off to them or something. I don't know how to explain it, all I know is that the younger generation is really advanced and really different than how we grew up. Rugrats and Hey Arnold are gone and computers have taken their place.


Just a few weeks ago I saw a 4 year old listening to Hannah Montana on either her or her parents' iPhone.


This world is too weird

 
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response.
0 Responses
Leave a Reply